4. Certainty and Uncertainty

To express certainty, we can use the following expressions :
   - I know that ...............
   - I'm certain that .............
   - I'm quite certain  ..............
   - We absolutly sure that ...........
   - It's positive that ...............
   - I have no doubt about ..............
   - You might be right about ..............
   - I really believe that .................
   - etc.
Now, how do you express uncertainty ?
You could use the expressions below to express uncertainty as :
   - I'm not certain/sure/convinced that ...............
   - We have doubt about ...............
   - There's some doubt about ................
Note : 
a. The word " that " is followed by clause.
    for the example        : I'm certain that she can win the game 
                                                                     clause
     Clause is a group of word consisting of subject, predicate
b. The word " about " is followed by a noun.
    for the example        :  - There's some doubt about his ability.
                                     - I have no doubt about Ani's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment